VESTA uses multiple processors operating in concert to provide high speed testing, high accuracy and ease of use. Because of VESTA’s touchscreen and multiple internal processors, meter testing is much faster than with legacy testboards.
VESTA’s software is an open design with a communications DLL provided to customers (with executed NDA) allowing them to easily interface into existing systems. The goal is for customers to design new applications which can be distributed to other customers for enhanced flexibility. All AEP bar codes are already loaded into the database and can be easily modified. The heart of VESTA is its true 3-Phase 100 Amp standard, which also has a voltage and current output. The combination of pulses, volts and amps provides a dual reference for accuracy. The voltage and current amplifiers are Type AB Audio amplifiers, which provide distortion-free sine waves. The jaw system is truly unique compared to those used by our competitors. The jaws are motor driven and very quiet. Other manufacturers use coils which make a loud noise when opening and closing..
Everything in Vesta is controllable and programmable. All timers used for settling with electronic meters are variable to minimize testing time. The optical probe can be used to test the meter and communicate with the meter via the manufacturers software. Programming Vesta to test a meter and then reset registers can be accomplished without changing the probe or moving the pulse pick up arm. With electronic meters, there is no need for a pulse pick up arm. VESTA has a user defined data export function with which data can be exported in CSV or text file from the SQL database.
- True 3 Phase 100 Amp Test System
- Internal 3 Phase Standard
- Accuracy+/- .04% (typically better than 0.025%) from .01 to 100 Amps @ Unity and all phase angles
- Voltage and Current accuracy is 0.1% true RMS
- Test voltages from 5 to 600 volts
- Power Factor Angle test from 0 - 359.9
- All meter forms can be tested except 7S
- Unbalanced per phase testing
- Will test internal disconnect switches
- TFT LED Touch screen with LED backlight interface (no mouse or keyboard needed but included)
- Dimensions: 31” L X 19” D X 19” High
- 158 pounds total weight
- 120 or 240 VAC operation 50/60 Hz
- Maximum of 1050VA load
- Less than .04 THD for voltage & current
- Internal Windows 10 computer
- Bar Code Scanner included
- Type AB Audio Amplifiers for voltage and current provides minimal distortion
- Motor Driven Jaw System
Itron Centron™ meters can be tested without the use of a movable arm. The sensor is aligned when the meter is mounted in the socket.
While Vesta comes with an adjustable arm, it should only be necessary for testing mechanical meters either through the holes in the disk or on the disk edge.
Some meters require either a snake arm or adjustable arm to test such as the Itron™Sentinel. By using the Snake Arm, the optical port is unencumbered and easily used for programming and resetting the meter. The Snake Arm can also be used to test other Itron meters as well as Sensus. Some meters are shipped without a steel piece in the optical port so using the Sentry 410 is not feasible.
Vision strives for minimal use of the adjustable arm to achieve improved production.
What Separates VESTA from its Competitors?
- VESTA is designed as a production test platform - Vision Metering is the largest privately held metering test lab in the country and tests 100’s of thousands of meters every year. VESTA is saving Vision Metering untold man hours in test time per year. More meters can be tested with less equipment and manpower.
- VESTA utilizes an industrial touch screen for all operations thus eliminating the need for a keyboard or mouse. While a wireless keyboard and mouse are included, they are only used when using other manufacturers software and database manipulation. The touch screen minimizes testers movements and speeds the process significantly.
- VESTA uses specially designed auto alignment sensors to test certain meters like Itron™ Centron meters where the infrared pick up is located on the top and the Sensus™ Icon meters where the sensor is located on the front. Both meters would require the use of an arm to pick up meter pulses. The drop down sensors automatically align and reduce test time with the alignment process.
- VESTA has an adjustable 16” snake arm sensor which can be used in lieu of any of the other sensors for meters such as the Itron™ Sentinel which has an infrared pulse on the front panel. This sensor can also be used on any other meter if the user finds it more desirable.
- VESTA uses a specially designed Sentry 410 Optical port for testing meters through the optical port. The Sentry 410 can also be used for programing and resetting the meter by toggling to the manufacturers software. Both testing and programming/resetting can be accomplished without changing probes.
- VESTA has an internal Windows 10 Professional Intel NUC computer with Intel Core i3 processor 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SS hard drive. Also has WiFi and is networkable. All rights transfer with the test board.
- VESTA is completely programmable with features such as imbalanced loads which can be programmed to modify the voltage and current on each phase, repetitive testing where you can test the same meter an unlimited number of times. The user can change any variable such as voltage, current, Ke, frequency number of revolutions, etc all with their finger.
- VESTA has a data export function which allows the user to create their own csv or comma delimited file, selecting only the values which are necessary. No dependency on Vision Metering to create custom files.
- VESTA ships complete with a Bar Code Scanner, wireless keyboard and mouse, all sensor pick ups, Sentry 410 optical probe and an arm for testing mechanical meters.
- VESTA has a 2 year warranty on the test board and a 10 year warranty on the internal standard.